Sunday 6 November 2016

Murray becomes World No. 1

MurrayCCy
BRITON Andy Murray will take over from Novak Djokovic as World No 1 when the rankings are updated tomorrow after his Paris Masters semi-final opponent Milos Raonic withdrew with a leg injury yesterday.

“I have a tear in my right quad,” Canadian Raonic told a news conference.

Briton Andy Murray will take over from Novak Djokovic as world number one when the rankings are updated on Monday after his Paris Masters semi-final opponent Milos Raonic pulled out through injury yesterday.

“Yesterday at 4-2 in the first set I started feeling some pain in my leg,” fourth-seeded Canadian Raonic told a news conference, referring to his match with Frenchman Jo- Wilfried Tsonga.

“I didn’t think too much of it at that point. I had an MRI half an hour ago…they found that I have a grade one tear in the right quadriceps.”

No comments:

Post a Comment