Friday 18 November 2016

Kanye West Booed at Concert After Saying He ‘Would Have Voted’ for Donald Trump: ‘Stop Focusing on Racism’


Kanye West is a Trumper.

The 35-year-old rapper got political during a concert on Thursday in San Jose, California, revealing that he didn’t vote – but he would have cast his ballot for President-elect Donald Trump.

“I told y’all I didn’t vote right? …But if I were to have voted, I would have voted for Trump,” he said, prompting “boos” from the audience at the SAP Center.

He then launched into his 2008 hit “Heartless,” only to abruptly stop just moments into the track to continue his rant.
“I just said that I would have voted for Donald Trump and then I did a song and y’all sang it at the top of y’all lungs,” he said. “That doesn’t mean that you’re a Trump supporter. That just means you okay with a celebrity having their own opinion – or that someone else is okay to have their own opinion. That might not be your opinion and you can still like that person or still like that person’s music.”

West also addressed Dave Chappelle’s recent Saturday Night Live monologue about the election, in which he said, “I’m wishing Donald Trump luck and I’m going to give him a chance and we, the historically disenfranchised, demand that he give us one too.”
West responded: “Dave Chappelle, it’s okay. We can have opinions as celebrities. I know you said we couldn’t, but thank you for breaking the ice on the mentality of a generation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment