Thursday 24 November 2016

Rashida Jones Reveals She Was Attacked By Michael Jackson's Chimpanzee Bubbles


Rashida Jones revealed on Tuesday’s episode of Desus & Mero of Vice that Michael Jackson‘s chimpanzee, Bubbles, had bitten her on the finger and drawn blood.

The 40-year-old actress’ father, Quincy Jones, produced Jackson’s Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad albums.

Recalling the incident to hosts Desus & Mero, she said, “I got attacked. By Bubbles. Bubbles. Michael Jackson…”

“You can see still,” she added, pointing to the scar on her hand. ” He was wearing a little full…overall jumpsuit and a striped shirt,” she said. “To pretend he was a human.”

He may have dressed like a human, but what he did next was shocked young Jones.
“He also looked me dead in my eye. While he was biting me,” she said. “I was trying to punish him because he threw something at me. And I, like, hit him on the head and said, ‘No!’ because I had seen Michael trying to punish him before.”

It didn’t quite have the same effect for Jones as it did for the King of Pop, though.

“And he looked me dead in the eye,” she said, before miming the chimpanzee biting her hand. “It was, like, white for ten minutes. It was, like, white and then it was pouring blood.”

She added that Bubbles had no regrets about what he did: “He was like, ‘I’m the man,'” she said.

Bubbles was known for living at Neverland Ranch with Jackson, where he slept in a crib in his room and shared his bathroom.

By 2003, Bubbles had matured into an adult chimp and was sent to a California animal trainer. Later, he was moved to the Center for Great Apes, a sanctuary in Wauchula, Florida, where he’s lived since 2005. Jackson died in 2009.

The actress has written the screenplay for Toy Story 4, which is set to be released in 2019. She will next appear in the animated film B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherwordly Operations with Melissa McCarthy, Seth Rogen and Bill Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment